The term SRFI means Scheme Requests for Implementation It is a new approach to helping Scheme users to write portable and yet useful code. It is a forum for people interested in coordinating libraries and other additions to the Scheme language between implementations.
The SRFI's FAQ relates how the SRFI process was born: The SRFI process grew out of the Scheme Workshop held in Baltimore, MD, on September 26, 1998, where the attendees considered a number of proposals for standardized feature sets for inclusion in Scheme implementations. Many of the proposals received overwhelming support in a series of straw votes. Along with this there was concern that the next Revised Report would not be produced for several years and this would prevent the timely implementation of standardized approaches to several important problems and needs in the Scheme community.
The goal is simple: support as much as possible the SRFIs that are in "final" state. Any help on implementing SRFIs on STklos is welcome.
Here is the list of the SRFIs which are available in the current STklos release
- SRFI-0 -- Feature-based conditional expansion construct
- SRFI-1 -- List Library
- SRFI-2 -- AND-LET*: an AND with local bindings, a guarded LET* special form
- SRFI-4 -- Homogeneous numeric vector datatypes
- SRFI-6 -- Basic String Ports
- SRFI-7 -- Feature-based program configuration language
- SRFI-8 -- Receive: Binding to multiple values
- SRFI-9 -- Defining Record Types
- SRFI-10 -- Sharp Comma External Form
- SRFI-11 -- Syntax for receiving multiple values
- SRFI-13 -- String Library
- SRFI-14 -- Character-Set Library
- SRFI-16 -- Syntax for procedures of variable arity
- SRFI-17 -- Generalized set!
- SRFI-18 -- Multithreading support
- SRFI-22 -- Running Scheme Scripts on Unix
- SRFI-23 -- Error reporting mechanism
- SRFI-26 -- Notation for Specializing Parameters without Currying
- SRFI-27 -- Source of random bits
- SRFI-28 -- Basic Format Strings
- SRFI-30 -- Nested Multi-line Comments
- SRFI-31 -- A special form for recursive evaluation
- SRFI-34 -- Exception Handling for Programs
- SRFI-35 -- Conditions
- SRFI-36 -- I/O Conditions
- SRFI-38 -- External representation of shared structures
- SRFI-39 -- Parameters objects
- SRFI-45 -- Optional positional and named parameters
- SRFI-48 -- Intermediate Format Strings
- SRFI-55 -- Require-extension
- SRFI-59 -- Vicinity
- SRFI-60 -- Integers as bits
- SRFI-62 -- S-expression comments
- SRFI-66 -- Octet Vectors
- SRFI-69 -- Basic Hash Tables
- SRFI-70 -- Numbers
- SRFI-74 -- Octet-Addressed Binary Blocks
- SRFI-88 -- Keyword Objects
- SRFI-89 -- Optional Positional and Named Parameters
- SRFI-96 -- SLIB Prerequisites
- SRFI-98 -- Interface to access environment variables
- SRFI-100 -- define-lambda-object
This Html page has been produced by Skribe.
Last update Sat Dec 31 14:28:22 2011.